Point-and-shoot cameras aren’t known for high caliber zooming capabilities, but Samsung is announcing two new pocket-sized cameras aimed at customers who love capture images from afar. The cheaper of the two, the sub-$200 PL210, features a 14-megapixel image sensor behind a 10x optical zoom (35mm film equivalent: 27-270mm) lens. Housed in a compact, pocket-friendly casing, the PL210 offers dual image stabilization (digital and optical) and a large 3.0-inch LCD screen.
Like Samsung’s other models in the PL series, the PL210 features a suite of filter and image processing technologies. Smart Filter 2.0 is mood-enhancement software with specially designed “looks” (soft focus, half tone dot, old movie, and enhanced movie) for both still images and HD 720p (30fps) movie recording. Smart Auto mode analyzes key elements of your shots — brightness, color, motion, etc. — and adjusts the camera settings automatically.
Samsung PL210 features:
- 14-megapixel, 1/2.3″ CCD image sensor
- 27mm Wide angle, 10x optical zoom lens
- Dual IS system (Optical & Digital Image Stabilization)
- 3.0-inch LCD (230K)
- HD Movies (720p@30fps)
- Smart Auto (Still & Movie)
- Smart Filter 2.0
- Sound Alive recording technology
- Smart Face Recognition & Face Tracking
- Smart Album
- Blink Detection & Smile Detection
- Beauty Shot (1,2,3 Steps)
- Dimensions: 100.4 x 58.5 x 19.7mm
- microSD/SDHC card slot
- Li-ion battery
The Samsung PL210 is available now for about $200 US.
What’s in the box?:
- PL210 Camera body
- Rechargeable Battery
- Camera Strap